In the spirit of elementary school teachers everywhere that make you write about your summer vacation, I'm writing about my vacation from Twitter and Facebook! Hee hee. :-)
Being off of Twitter for a week and Facebook for a week and a half was very hard. I seriously had become addicted to both. At least I could admit I had a problem. I did cheat by checking briefly what was going on while I was stuck somewhere waiting with nothing to do. I didn't post though. But, my lesson learned from that is never go anywhere without a book or notebook. That's what I SHOULD have been doing.
I did get a lot of writing done during this vacation, which was the major point of the exercise. Would have gotten a lot more done if I hadn't gotten the flu, but I digress.
As much as I love chatting on both Twitter and Facebook, this break was good for me because I realized just how much time I truly spend that could be spent writing, napping, or even (eek!) cleaning.
So what did I do on my Twittercation?
1) Edited, revised, edited, revised some more, wrote a new scene, edited, and revised, all in hopes of making Book 1 better and ready for querying.
2) Re-wrote my query letter a couple of times and now, IMHO, it is quite awesome!
3) Worked on my synopsis since I feel like it's too dry.
4) Worked on evil day job work.
5) Had a 3 hour lunch with some fab YA writers to talk about our plans for world domination.
6) Watched WAY too much tv while sick in bed with the flu.
7) Watched Wolverine and swooned over Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds.
8) Snuggled with the fur kids.
I missed all my fabulous Twitter and Facebook buddies! But now I'm back, although I probably won't be around as much as before. Got lots of writing to get done. :-)