Saturday, October 31, 2009

Absent, But In a Good Way

Yes, I have been horribly remiss in updating my fledging blog. I know that I need to post regularly if I'm going to get more followers, build my writing platform, etc. But, you see, there's this book I'm writing...

The book has been taking up my time lately... okay, life stuff has too, especially as the Fibro/CFS has been acting up, but I digress. I've been going through final revisions and edits before sending off the finished product to my critique peeps. Once that's done (first half minimum out tomorrow, rest to follow 2-3 days later), I will be revising my query letter and will send agent queries out mid-November. I'm also getting ready to start National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) again to work on Book 2 of my series.

Because of all this going on, I took a self-imposed exile from Facebook for several days. I stayed on Twitter because I have support from other writers, especially through #amwriting, #wordathon, and other hashtags. Being off of Facebook for a few days freed up some time to write (no more Bejeweled! no more watching funny You Tube vids posted by my friends!). One thing I've learned from dealing with Fibro/CFS is that I have to pace myself and manage my time well, and I hadn't been doing so hot with that the last few months.

In the spirit of putting my biggest priorities first, I have decided to join my Twitter buddy Nova Ren and many others in a Twitter and Facebook break from November 1 through November 7. A lot of the time when I'm not working goes to resting and doing things I need to do to manage my health, and that amount of time has increased over the last few months since I've had a lot of flare-ups. So, with the free time I have left, I have to put my writing first. NaNoWriMo is great for doing that, but I also can't afford to get behind on it. Twitter and Facebook are huge time sucks for me, so I'm admitting my addiction and facing the problem head on. :-)

If you want to read more about the break, I've posted the link to Nova's blog here: http://novaren.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/twitter-break-november-1-7-2009/#comment-43750 If you want to check out my NaNoWriMo page, I've posted that link here: www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/433001 I'll be checking email (jesscapelle at aol dot com) and NaNo mail during the week, as well as direct messages that come through to my email from the two social networking sites that shall not be named!

I'll also be blogging here during November about NaNo if you want to check in from time to time. Would love to have you stop by! :-)

xo

2 comments:

  1. This is great! So glad you're joining me :)

    Best of luck to you for a prolific NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Nova! I appreciate the inspiration- it was very timely to do this Twittercation :-)

    ReplyDelete